The benefits of GPS tracking, telematics and video for commercial fleets can be plentiful: increased visibility into vehicle location, insights into driver behavior, and a video record of incidents on the road. It’s a powerful combination that can help fleet managers increase efficiency and uptime, lower fuel and maintenance costs, improve driver coaching, and protect their businesses from false accident claims and fraud.
And if you’re in the market for a GPS, telematics and video solution, it makes sense that you would be on the lookout for options that have features promising to deliver those benefits. But there is one key feature that often gets lost in the shuffle – and when it does get overlooked, it can have a real negative impact on the ROI of the solution.
That key feature is ease of use.
A solution that is difficult to use, after all, isn’t much of a solution at all. And chances are you won’t end up reaping the full scope of potential benefits (and you may end up with frustration among office staff and drivers who are trying to use it).
That’s where EROAD Clarity Solo comes in. Clarity Solo is an all-in-one solution that combines GPS, telematics and video in a single device – no other technology or hardware is required. It’s a great option for light, mixed and ELD-exempt heavy fleets looking to improve the efficiency and safety of their operations.
Easy to install and easy to use, Clarity Solo is packed with innovative features to ensure that you enjoy every benefit that GPS, telematics and video data have to offer.
EROAD Clarity Solo Ease-of-Use Features
- Simple and secure driver log on: With Clarity Solo’s contactless NFC driver logon you can easily associate all video and telematics data to specific drivers. Choose from a fob, sticker or card to equip your drivers with an easy log on.
- MyEROAD Replay: Cloud-based review makes it easy to review footage and know where your drivers are from wherever you are.
- Map-based video retrieval: It’s often easier to remember where an incident happened rather than when it happened. You can search for video captured by Clarity Solo based on location by simply clicking on the driver’s route in the MyEROAD portal. Searching for video based on timestamp is also available.
Other Key Clarity Solo Features
- HD video day and night: Clarity Solo provides HD quality recording, including road- and driver-facing, with night vision supported by infrared LEDs.
- Automatic trigger: Video events are automatically generated, and footage is uploaded to the cloud based on driver behavior, such as hard braking and harsh cornering.
- Manual trigger: Drivers can also push the manual trigger to initiate an event, automatically uploading the footage to the MyEROAD portal.
- Location and activity: Know where your vehicles are with GPS tracking and activity reports.
- Driver behavior data: Get insights into safety-critical events, such as speeding, harsh braking, hard cornering and rapid acceleration for more effective driver coaching that can improve safety and reduce maintenance costs.
Check Out EROAD Clarity Solo
With fleet management solutions like our dependable, durable and accurate ELD, Clarity Dashcams and industry-leading Asset Tracker powered by Phillips Connect, EROAD is committed to helping our customers run safe, efficient and successful operations while staying in compliance with FMCSA regulations. Contact us today to learn more about our fleet management solutions.
Content Marketing Specialist
Luke is a writer, editor and journalist with more than 15 years of experience. His goal is to provide valuable content that helps people understand complex concepts, solve problems and make informed decisions.