Make your road to ELD compliance as smooth as possible
With EROAD, being compliant is simple. Our intuitive, driver-friendly ELD, superior connectivity and data accuracy, and exceptional customer care ensure your team is on track, in compliance and getting the efficiencies and gains you’d expect. The EROAD ELD gives you compliance today, and easy adaptability for tomorrow’s needs.
- Single in-vehicle device: no additional data or third-party device costs
- Easy to adopt and easy to use: keeps your drivers happy
- FMCSA registered, third-party verified: gives you peace of mind
- All-in-one solution: makes managing your operation from end-to-end easy
- Secure, reliable, accurate: automatically collects and transmits data securely
Setting the standard for compliance with third-party verified ELD
To ensure our ELD is FMCSA compliant, EROAD employed the services of transportation research and engineering experts, PIT Group, to provide third-party verification. While suppliers can self-certify their technologies, EROAD elected to undergo independent testing because we realize the added value of unbiased verification.
After thorough and rigorous testing and verification according to the FMCSA’s test procedure, PIT Group confirmed that EROAD fully meets the FMCSA’s functional requirements.
EROAD has created dozens of helpful resources to help you research, select and deploy the right ELD for your business. These include guides on assessing electronic logging devices, detailed reports from our Regulatory and Compliance Team on HOS data and exemptions, and real world examples from our customers about their use of electronic logging.
Latest blog post
6 Questions to ask your ELD provider
1. Is your ELD accurate and reliable?
The accuracy and reliability of your electronic logging devices play an important role in the success of your deployment. Make sure to ask about:
- How frequently is data captured on location, speed and engine data?
- Can the data support real-time monitoring of operations?
- Does the ELD capture data frequently enough to capture off-road tax credits accurately?
- Is the solution reliable, or is there a history of problems?
2. Is the ELD hard-wired to the vehicle, or does it use Bluetooth?
Consumer-grade Bluetooth connections have proven to be far less reliable than anticipated and are the #1 complaint about ELDs. The EROAD Ehubo in-vehicle device is directly connected to the ECM and provides reliable and consistent data.
3. How well is the solution helping to ensure compliance and lower CSA scores?
There are a lot of ELDs on the market – not all of them are getting carriers where they need to be in terms of compliance and safety. Here are specific areas to ask about:
- How easy is the ELD to use so drivers stay in compliance?
- What is the success rate of eRODS transfer at roadside?
- Does the in-cab device stay operational and connected?
4. Does the vendor keep pace with the changes in FMCSA compliance requirements and exemptions?
HOS regulations are in flux and changes to specific guidelines and exemptions are frequent. Is your vendor keeping pace with these changes that can impact your fleet’s CSA scores and performance?
EROAD partners with the ATA, CVSA, TCA and many state associations and is in constant communication with the FMCSA to provide input and stay up to date on regulatory issues that impact the industry.
5. What else can the solution do for your fleet?
Some ELDs offer the minimum to stay compliant. Others perform full-featured fleet management capabilities, including fleet monitoring, driver scoring, fuel tax reporting and more. Does the solution add more value than compliance?
EROAD adds value to your entire fleet operation. We enable robust management of remote assets, workers, routes and activities. We automate off-highway mileage reporting, allowing you to maximize the opportunity for fuel tax credits. We automate IFTA reporting. We provide driver behavior insights and automate service scheduling, helping you improve productivity and safety.
6. How hard is the ELD to use and what training is involved?
Moving to a new fleet technology supplier has a big impact on drivers. Whether you’re switching from one ELD to another, or migrating away from AOBRDs, the way the device is designed and the ease with which it allows drivers to handle DVIRs, manage duty status and use exemptions is directly related to how effectively your ELD solution keeps you in compliance.
EROAD is well-known for providing a clean, easy-to-use interface for drivers, making it fast and easy to get them trained and helping them stay in compliance. Most drivers can be trained in about 15 minutes and EROAD provides videos and handouts in several languages.
One platform, multiple applications
Backed by EROAD’s 16-year tradition of exceptional customer care.
EROAD’s driver-friendly solution combines ELD functionality with fleet management, driver safety, tax and reporting and fleet maintenance features. That means reliability you can count on, and a technology partner you can trust – now and for the future. So when you’re looking to switch to an easier and more reliable ELD, choose the easy road – EROAD.
Understanding the ELD mandate
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) developed the ELD Mandate, which requires companies replace their paper logs with electronic logs.
There is a lot to learn about the ELD Mandate – we compiled the most important facts for you to look through on our Understanding ELD Compliance page.
Frequently asked questions
How does the EROAD ELD benefit my driver?
EROAD is designed with the driver in mind. Drivers will easily be able to facilitate roadside inspections and reduce administrative time and paperwork. It will guide and support drivers to manage their Hours of Service with daily and weekly summaries and reports of on-duty status, rests and resets.
Is EROAD ELD FMSCA compliant?
Yes! EROAD has self-certified and registered the first in-cab, tethered ELD solution with the FMCSA. We have met all the technical specifications and have conducted rigorous internal testing.
Is EROAD ELD 3rd Party verified?
Yes! EROAD’s ELD has been thoroughly and rigorously tested and verified by the PIT Group according to the FMCSA’s test procedure. While ELD suppliers can self-certify their technologies, given that the FMCSA does not require independent verification, EROAD elected to take this approach because we realize the added value of unbiased verification.
PIT Group is an unbiased, neutral testing organization that helps manufacturers and fleet managers provide and select the best technologies to reduce costs and environmental impact. PIT Group evaluates technologies that promote efficient energy use in the commercial transportation, municipal and transit industries across North America.
PIT Group tested EROAD’s ELD in a live operational environment with a motor carrier from May 11th until June 19th, 2017. The test duration included the time for initial testing, improvements, and regression tests. To facilitate the verification of Depot, EROAD’s web office application, EROAD provided detailed process explanations, flow charts, code excerpts and screen shots as supporting material to further demonstrate that the EROAD ELD solution meets the FMCSA’s technical and functional requirements.
What are the EROAD benefits?
With EROAD you’ll experience an ELD that is:
- Easy to adopt and easy to use, so you can be confident you’re always compliant.
- Connected to the vehicle, so it’s always ready. No need to deal with lost or broken smartphones and tablets.
- Faster roadside inspections mean drivers can spend more time doing what they do best – driving.
- FMCSA registered, so you can trust our device has undergone rigorous testing to meet all FMCSA requirements and your compliance needs.
- Easy to upgrade for additional compliance, tax reporting, safety and fleet management tools.
- Backed by best-in-class customer service where our responsive, friendly and knowledgeable US-based team is dedicated to you.
What are the advantages of the EROAD solution?
Designed with the driver in mind, EROAD makes compliance convenient – from our user-friendly, in-vehicle hardware and automatic data capture to our reliable, secure connection and easy-to-use portal. EROAD provides much more than ELD capabilities. From fleet management, maintenance and driver safety to fuel tax reporting and IRP, EROAD can help your entire fleet operation.
What other benefits does EROAD provide?
EROAD provides a powerful suite of compliance, fleet management and safety solutions and is backed by our exceptional customer care. Offered as an affordable monthly subscription, it makes going electronic easier than ever.
What are the benefits of an in-vehicle solution?
The EROAD ELD is built from the ground up to meet the highest performance, security and regulatory standards. Since our in-vehicle device accurately records distance and location at a tax audit level, it provides reliable data you can you rely on.
- Purpose-built, designed for driver and easy-to-use
- Designed to be rugged (temperatures, shock, etc.)
- Connects to two wireless carriers for optimal network reliability
- No expensive data plans
- Avoids consumer-grade Bluetooth to connect to the ECM
- No lost or broken tablets or smartphones
- Captures data when vehicle is out of cell/data range
- No worries about charging the in-vehicle device
- No need to train drivers on multiple technology platforms
- No need to hand a tablet or smartphone with personal information to roadside inspectors
Does EROAD take care of maintenance and upgrades?
Yes! EROAD takes care of all hardware and software maintenance and upgrades so you can focus on what you do best – running your fleet.
Does the EROAD ELD include hardware and software?
Yes! You can purchase EROAD plans in which the monthly subscription includes the in-vehicle hardware and access to Depot, our web based portal. EROAD also offers plans that start at $25 per vehicle per month where hardware is purchased upfront.